I bought a second hand M-DAC a while ago to have a well-known commercial reference in terms of measurements and sound. After teardown it is time for measurements. This first part consists of basic performance measurements.
Small sealed subwoofer stands for desktop monitor speakers
- Tang Band W6-1139SIF 6.5″ woofer
- Sealed cabinet with around 10 litre volume
- Form factor to fit behind computer monitors; white paint and black fabric finish to fit desktop environment
- Linkwitz Transform and digital room correction on miniDSP
- Woofer size and cabinet size limit performance but gives solid boost for small speakers