- In balanced connection both speakers are individually connected to amplifier using two wires for each channel
- Crosstalk can be improved by tens of dB by using balanced interconnection
- Common-impedance coupling seriously limits crosstalk in conventional unbalanced headphones
- Balanced output can be easily and cost-effectively added on designs; inverted signal is not required
- Expresses “leaking” between channels; it is measured by driving a stimulus signal in one channel while listening to the other.
- Crosstalk is expressed as a ratio between the quiet undriven channel and the stimulus in the driven channel, and given in decibels.