- 6-channel analog output module for Roland MV-8000/8800; mimics analog part of Roland MV8-OP1 module
- Digital signal and supply connector with identical pinout to the original
- Same output level as the original
- High performance
- SNR: 118 dB (A-weighted)
- THD+N ratio: -103 dB min, -93 dB max
- Crosstalk: -112 dB max
- Very high performance preamplifier; measurement results with H-DAC and 2 Vrms output:
- Dynamic range / SNR: 116 dB (A-weighted)
- THD+N ratio: -102 dB (2.0 Vrms / 1 kHz, 48 kHz sample rate)
- Crosstalk at 10 kHz: -113 dB
- Very high performance headphone amplifier
- Dynamic range / SNR: 115 dB (A-weighted)
- Maximum output power / THD+N ratio:
- 22 mW / -98 dB into 560 ohms
- 230 mW / -85 dB into 33 ohms
- More gain can be added for higher output power
- Software controlled (Arduino compatible)
- Balanced outputs (XLR) on-board and unbalanced connectors (RCA) on H-DAC board
- Takes supplies and audio signals directly from H-DAC via pinheaders
- 10×10 cm 4-layer PCB shaped to fit tall components on H-DAC board; PGA4311 volume control, LM49724 and LM4562 opamps (or any with the same pinouts), TPA6120A2 headphone amplifier, optional THAT1606 balanced drivers
H-PreAmp is an addon board for H-DAC, transforming the fixed-output DAC into a very high quality preamplifier with integrated headphone amplifier. H-DAC and H-PreAmp together provide single-ended (RCA) and balanced (XLR) outputs as well as headphone amplifier.
- Very high performance; does not become bottleneck of H-DAC system
- Noise level: -117 dBV (A-weighted)
- THD+N ratio at 2 Vrms output signal: better than 109 dB
- Crosstalk at 10 kHz: 113 dB
- Balanced output buffer with low-pass filter
- Optional high-CMRR balanced drivers
- Takes power and audio signals directly from H-DAC
- 5×4 cm 4-layer PCB, LM49724 opamps (or any with the same pinout), optional THAT1606 balanced drivers
Addon BalOut is a small addon board to be stacked on H-DAC to add balanced XLR outputs. It works along with the unbalanced RCA outputs on H-DAC and audio performance is high enough not to be the limiting factor of the H-DAC system.
Following performance figures have been measured in Addon BalOut module:
- Both opamps are so good that it is difficult to measure differences directly.
- Noise level: -117 dBV (A-weighted),
- THD+N ratio: at least -109 dB (1 kHz, 2 Vrms), around measurement instrument limits.
- Noise level: -118 dBV (A-weighted),
- THD+N level: at least -109 dB (1 kHz, 2 Vrms), around measurement instrument limits.